Things I am thankful for:
· My son Forest, who yesterday said we should name all the rooms of our house after the elements: the bathroom is the temple of water, the living room is the temple of light, and “the kitchen is the temple of beauty, because of the roses.” Yes, roses are an element of their own.
· My mom, who taught me that a woman can. My dad, who knows how to be happy.
· My beloved pals, you who have been in ritual with me, whether that ritual is bemoaning the trials of love in my living room, or dancing round a bonfire in the throes of myth magic, or belting out Purple Rain at the Karaoke bar.·
My lover. When he is in my life I paint more, see more, live more.
· My home and my woofer, he of the piercing bark and melting eyes, my Sunshine.
· And last, in place of honor, like the perfect bite that I save for the end of my meal, the wild, in god and goddess and mystery, in creek and sunrise and fast fall wind and darkening earth.
Blessed be on this day of giving thanks to the world, the ancestors, and the invisible sacred that animates it all.